SJP Video 4: Adding a Shadow to Your Image with PhotoshopPosted: July 3, 2012
Today’s video is on adding a shadow to your image so it has a 3-D feel to it.
I did this for my latest promo piece below:
- Figure out where the image will go and size it up in Photoshop.
- Open two files in Photoshop – one will be the image, and second will be a new file with the size and ppi you would like.
- Drag image onto new file that you made (see video for details).
- Make sure the image layer is highlighted click on Edit > Stroke > 1px > OK
- Double click on the image layer.
- Click on Drop Shadow – Make sure it’s highlighted so you can make changes.
- Crop image to the size you need click Enter.
Just a reminder to check out my other blog…I’m getting ready for a new giveaway 🙂 You can subscribe via email to receive the latest info!
- Video Tutorials for Photographers: Fixing an ugly image into a Beauty. (sullivanjphotography.com)
- Understanding Inner Shadows in Photoshop (clixto7.com)