Tutorials for Photographers: ACR 4 – Sharpening and Noise Reduction in Adobe Camera RawPosted: January 31, 2013
Today’s video tutorial is on Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) Sharpening and Noise reduction. This actually could be two videos but I decided to go ahead and talk about them both today.
Below is one of the images I use in the tutorial:
Tip: ACR calculates the different surrounding pixels based on your camera, ISO and exposure. If you have purchased a new camera or lens you should update ACR. Look out for ACR updates here.
Detail areas (Sharpening & Noise Reduction)
In the sharpening area I talk about these tabs:
Amount, Radius, Detail, Masking
In the Noise Reduction area I talk about these tabs:
Luminance, Luminance detail, Luminance contrast, Color, Color detail
Youtube (better audio) This is HD1080 so click on the “Change Quality” if needed.
I work on images globally and will discuss detail correction/changes in a later tutorial.
- Tutorials for Photographers: ACR 1 – Open Image in Adobe Camera Raw (sullivanjphotography.com)
- Tutorials for Photographers: ACR 2 – Basic in Adobe Camera Raw (sullivanjphotography.com)
- Tutorials for Photographers: ACR 3 – Tone Curve in Adobe Camera Raw (sullivanjphotography.com)
- Improved High ISO Performance with Capture One Pro 7 (phaseone.com)
- RAW vs. JPEG – Compared and Processed using Lightroom 4 (photolisticlife.com)